Here are some ways to think about how to calculate ROI.
How to calculate ROI for RPA bots.
- Productivity: Even the most productive human in the world needs time off for a break. Bots, however, can perform 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
- Gartner found one bot can displace up to 30 times the work of a human full-time employee.”
- Cost savings: The exact dollar amounts of cost savings will depend on what you use bots for, as well as your industry and company size.
- As a use-case example, bots can automate financial and accounting processes
- “Gartner calculated companies that have implemented robotics for these purposes can achieve, on average, 25% to 50% cost savings over traditional manual labor. In real dollars, that’s an ROI of $394,000 for those bots.”
As an industry-focused example, bots can be used within the health care space to reduce denied claims and underpayments. Payers deny almost 10% of insurance claims in settings where the patient accounting team is not laser-focused on managing denials. With the cost to recover these denials and underpayments approaching $120 per claim, a portion of the estimated $266 billion in annual waste can be reduced by a thoughtful and well-designed application of intelligent automation.
Interested in knowing more about ROI for RPA at your company contact firstname.lastname@example.org